’78 KZ650 | rear set correction

So, I was working on the frame and just was not happy with the mesh accents on the rear sets. I like the look, but was never really satisfied with the way I had attached the mesh. The tack welds on the inside of the rear sets demanded too much attention.

I chopped off the old and set out to make a cleaner way of attaching the mesh. Now the mesh is basically  framed in, instead of welded in. It makes for an much cleaner look inside and out. I was so hyped on the way the second attempt turned out!!

KZ650 | front fender redesign


So I wanted a fender that only mounted on one side of the fork. The original design I came up with seemed good enough, after all there’s not much of a fender. While off loading the bike one day I heard the fender make a “tin can” sound. Needless to say that drove me nuts. So back to the drawing board I went. I made the front of the mount more robust. I knew I also needed to stabilize the rear of the fender. I made a detachable strut that wraps around the fork and mounts to the rear of the fender. I decided to wrap the strut in fiber glass to save weight. The fender ¬†now has the rigidity it needs to keep things quiet.