Well the battery sits in the oil tank. It was previously exposed, but I think it will look better covered. I made a simple template out of paper. I transferred it to steel, and cut out the holes first because it’s easier that way. I cut the rest out with tin snips. Placing the plate on the frame I marked where I wanted the mounting holes, and drilled out the plate. Bringing it back to the frame I then marked the holes on the frame. After drilling and tapping into the frame I mounted the plate using 6×1.25mm bolts. I then used a hammer and dolly to roll the edges over to contour the frame. It looks a lot cleaner now!
Add a Comment