So my customer Joe had a old microphone set up as a taillight when I picked up the bike, It just needed a little refining. So I found some bright LED’s from Custom Dynamics. They are the perfect size for the microphone. The interior of the mic was like it was set up for this. There were already holes to bolt the light plate I made to.
Starting with paper templates, I cut out the shapes I needed. After transferring the design to steel I drilled out the holes for the mounting bolts. It used the smallest hardware, which keeps it clean. Then I welded in the light separators. There was not a lot of space to work with put the LED’s fit perfectly. I plan on running two brake light in the center and a turn signal on each side. It’s by far the coolest taillight I’ve had the opportunity to modify.