Here is a little update on the paint situation. I was waiting on a paint gun to come in, and when it did I hit the ground running!! I love the way it’s coming along! Time for final assembly and finishing.
I started with a fender that was just lying around. I think its off a Yamaha XS750. I liked the shape of the front, and I needed a fender. When I started out the fender sat about two inches off the tire, and the mounting points were a inch off as well. So I started chopping away.
After all was said and done, the fender looks like it was made for the bike! I have it sitting 1/4″ off the tire now, instead off a gaping two inches. I also shorted the over all length for a more pleasing look.