The clutch release arm that came with my bike was bent, and hit the top of the transmission as a result. So I set out to make a new one. I reused the end of the original arm, and made the rest up as I went along. The clutch throw feels great, and the arm no longer contacts the transmission.
I never really liked forward controls. So I set out to build some mid-controls. After letting it stew for about a week, I had a rough idea of how I wanted to attack “THE MIDS”.
I have to say, I am more than pleased with the result!! The foot controls feel so good!
(check out the photos for a full write up)
I bought the KZ650 years ago. I knew I would eventually have to fix or replace the engine cases, and of course the cracks were right on the threads which made the repair a little tricky. Well the time had finally come. I was in the middle of rebuilding the motor so I figured, why not now. I bolted the cases together, and removed the JB weld that was previously there. I then preheated the weld area with a propane torch. This was my first real test when it came to welding aluminum, so I was a bit nervous. The beads went in smooth with no real issues. I then ground down the welds and re-tapped the threads for the points cover bolts. I was more than pleased with the results!!