I’ve been busy trying to get this thing going. I’m almost there!!!! I’m just waiting on some brake seals, then a little test riding!!!
So I started out with the original gas tank, and exploded it into a steel beach ball (hopefully the first and last time I do that). I did want to use the tank however. Lucky my local motorcycle salvage yard, Southwest Motorcycles, had what I needed!
I then started out with another stock KZ750 tank. From there I had a little work to do. The new used tank had some dents as well as some rust to address.
So, I was working on the frame and just was not happy with the mesh accents on the rear sets. I like the look, but was never really satisfied with the way I had attached the mesh. The tack welds on the inside of the rear sets demanded too much attention.
I chopped off the old and set out to make a cleaner way of attaching the mesh. Now the mesh is basically framed in, instead of welded in. It makes for an much cleaner look inside and out. I was so hyped on the way the second attempt turned out!!